Friday, November 6, 2015

You within you.

My kid hears this question all the time. Everybody asks him about this. It is either the start of a conversation or the end of it. It is the start but not the topic. If it is the end, then it would be the reason why the conversation ended. The question was important, but he never had a good answer for that.
But today he said, "mama, some stranger asked me about my dream, and I said the same answer as always. But unlike my uncles and aunts, he talked to me about my dream only". I did not understand even a word he said. I was wondering who this stranger was, why he was talking to my kid and leaving the child with an enthusiasm that even his mother could not comprehend. I asked my boy to explain what happened. 

"Mama, a man came to me and asked. Boy, what is your dream? I said, I don't know, Sir. I am not sure what I want to be. It is confusing. The man told me that he doesn't want to know what I want to become or what I will become. He wants to know what do I dream about every morning. What is that dream which I see every morning." 




I could not suppress my curiosity. I asked my kid, "Do you see any dreams every day. ? " "Mama, I am not sure if it is a dream. I never thought of it as a dream. I used to wake up seeing it and never realized that it was a dream." he said. I asked him to continue. He said, "I realized that I have a dream that I see every morning when this man asked me specifically about it." He asked, "What is that dream that wakes you up every day ?" I said, "It is vague. I saw a big platform. It was partly lit. Focus lights were there. I was standing on a stage. I was talking about my experiences. I was giving an oration on that stage. I was talking to a big audience. They seemed to be motivated and inspired by my speech. I saw the lights falling on my face. I saw the lights rotating and a big audience was visible to me. I paused for a while. I looked at the audience. I saw many people. I saw my family, friends, teachers, relatives and many other faces. After a few seconds, I heard a big applause from the audience. I was feeling happy. I was smiling. That is how I wake up every day." The man said, "This is what exactly you want to do. You know that what you will be doing is something big. The big platform represents it. It is partly lit. You are not sure what you are going to do. But you are searching for it. When the light rotates, it will be clear to you. When you are on that right platform, you will get the exact idea of what you want to do. Thus, the audience who is going to receive the fruit of your hard work will be visible to you. But you have to climb the stairs of that platform. You know what you want to do in your life needs hard work and sacrifice. There will be a waiting period after your hard work. There is a pause. You will have no idea how it will turn out. But take a deep breath and wait. It is going to touch many people's life. You will see them shedding tears of happiness in the end. Then you can give away that beautiful smile to the applauding audience." 

"Who is this man.?", I asked my child. But he knew nothing.

But I knew who it was because he was telling me about the story in the morning while he was getting ready to go to school and his day just got started.

Let the kids dream and talk to themselves. Because later they will realize that it is no longer unreal.

PS : For those who are wondering if I have a kid; I am a little kid inside. Doctor says I will be dead if he removes it.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for deciding to revive this blog. There are very few people with their inner children intact. Please do not cross over to the dreamless side.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for deciding to revive this blog. There are very few people with their inner children intact. Please do not cross over to the dreamless side.

    ReplyDelete